COMFORT DENTAL CARES about your oral health – one unfortunate reality is no matter how careful we are, sometimes life hands us a dental emergency!
A DENTAL EMERGENCY IS NO MINOR THING
Depending on the situation, if you are having a severe emergency, please go to the nearest urgent care or emergency facility for assistance.
HERE IS COMFORT DENTAL’S ADVICE FOR COMMON DENTAL EMERGENCIES:
- Toothache? Rinse with warm water and be sure nothing is lodged. Apply an ice pack if needed to reduce the swelling, and call us as soon as possible. We probably need to take a look.
- Chipped & Broken Tooth? Although it may seem sort of odd, save the pieces of the tooth if you can. Apply gauze pressure if you’re bleeding. See us as soon as you can.
- A Knocked Out Tooth? “Time is of the essence” in trying to save a tooth. (watch the video below).
- A Dislodged Tooth? Apply a cold compress to help if there’s pain. Take over-the-counter pain relievers, as needed. Call Comfort Dental and get in here to see us right away.
- Something Caught Between Your Teeth? Gently try dental floss first, and never use a sharp object. If you can’t dislodge it, call us right away.
- Lose a Filling? Believe it or not, as a temporary measure until you can get in here to see us, you can stick a piece of sugarless chewing gum into the hole. Then, call us!
- Lost a Crown? Come in as soon as possible and be sure to bring the crown. In the meantime, slip the crown back in if you can, or use a cotton swab to apply a little clove oil to the sensitive area.
If your dental concern is related to a recent procedure at Comfort Dental, please call our office immediately. If your concern is after-hours or on the weekend, we have an answering service to relay your information.
Our staff is here to help! We warmly welcome you – if you are a new patient, a current patient or maybe you just haven’t seen us for a while. Our goal is that you have a great dental experience and incredible care. Give our office a call at 765-742-3100 or request an online appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!